Friday, June 27, 2014

Three Lovely Young Mares at Windurra



Since my accident, everyone at the farm has been pitching in help get all of the horses ridden.

Michael Pendleton, one of Boyd's riders, has been riding my young mares and I am so thankful. He is doing a wonderful job with them and it is so great to get to watch all of them progress. Boyd and I bred all three of these mares in Australia and since I have known them from day one, I have a very special attachment to each one. Not everyone is a mare person, but I love each one of my girls and am really looking forward to the future with these three!

The first one is Hannah Lu W, a beautiful dark bay out of Rosa Cha W by the German stallion His Highness. Hannah is going to be five years old this year and I am very excited about her, partly because of her mother, of course!! Rosa has a very competitive side and I am hoping that she passed it on to Hannah! Since she is out of Rosa, Hannah has very big shoes to fill but she is already living up to my hopes for her.

The next mare is a big chestnut named Joulua. She is going to be 4 years old and is by Jive Magic (Jazz) out of Felicity, who is by Wolkenstein 2. This mare is amazing! She is a very good girl and has a tremendous amount of natural talent.  Her name is Joulua, which means Christmas Day in Finnish, because she was born on Christmas Day on the farm in Australia and I was looking for a “J” name.

The third mare is Juliette, also a chestnut but more fine boned than Joulua. She is also going to be four years old this year and is also by Jive Magic, but out of Betty Barkley, who is by Brentano 2. Betty is out of the same mare as Rosa Cha W. Juliette is one of the most honest young horses we have and she is turning into such a lovely horse.

This year Betty is in foal to Regardez Moi, who is Rosa's sire. This foal is bred very similarly to Rosa. Betty came from Australia this year and lives on Melinda Walton and Larry Smith's beautiful farm in Virginia.  I am so excited that she has the best home ever and I cannot wait for the baby to arrive in October!

Below is a video of Caitlin Silliman riding Juliette. Enjoy!

xoxo Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment